Our first focus in Joshimath is the safety of the afflicted people, says Ajay Bhatt

Share This Story

Joshimath: Two severely damaged and perilously situated hotel buildings in Joshimath City could not be demolished on Tuesday. After Chamoli’s district magistrate (DM) Himanshu Khurana issued demolition orders in accordance with the disaster management legislation, it was anticipated that the administration will demolish Hotel Mount View and Malari Inn on Tuesday. The State Disaster Response Force (SDRF) teams and the administration were present all day. However, under the supervision of the Central Building Research Institute (CBRI) Roorkee’s experts, the demolition operation can begin on Wednesday. On Tuesday, the power company’s crews disconnected the electric cables from the poles near the hotels.

Ajay Bhatt, the defense minister of state, arrived at Joshimath that day. He met the affected families while visiting the army camp, Sunil ward, JP colony, Narsingh temple, and Gandhinagar neighborhoods.

According to Bhatt, the devastated families of Joshimath are supported by the federal and state governments, who are providing them with all the assistance they can. He claimed that while Pushkar Singh Dhami, the chief minister, is observing and keeping an eye on all the arrangements, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is himself keeping an eye on the situation. According to Bhatt, the government’s first priority is the safety of the impacted population.

He said that some of the Army camp’s structures had been damaged by ground subsidence and had been sealed off for safety. Bhatt stated that although forcing people out of their homes is extremely unpleasant, saving lives is our first concern.

Join Channels

Share This Story